Tapping and Your Beliefs
One thing I didn’t know about then but am a huge fan of now is Tapping. I would rather use a technique that helps me to heal on all levels before agreeing to prescription drugs or medical or surgical treatments. That’s why I like Tapping and encourage you to try it for just about everything
Tapping, or Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), is a scientifically proven and very practical way to decrease stress hormones in your body. Studies show that people who use Tapping recover very quickly from whatever ails them, often in just a few sessions.
Whether you use it to reduce physical symptoms or for changing limiting beliefs, Tapping has the effect of releasing the emotional memories associated with your symptoms or beliefs. This happens when you acknowledge your symptom or a traumatic event while accepting yourself completely and tapping your fingertips on a series of acupuncture points on your face and body. Tapping these points sends a calming signal to your brain reducing the stress response. When stress hormone levels are decreased, you have much more access to the part of yourself known as the “Wise Mind,” the part that can guide you to the right answers and allow you to heal.
How Tapping Works
There are 12 major energy meridians in your body that have been used in traditional acupuncture for more than 5,000 years. When the healthy flow of energy becomes blocked in your meridians, it also becomes blocked in your physical body. Tapping uses these acupressure points, but instead of using needles, you use your fingertips to tap the energy points on your body.
When you tap on the energy points linked to a specific organ or system, you input energy directly into that meridian. Tapping, while using a positive statement — such as, “I have everything I need within me to create the financial abundance I desire” — works to clear your meridians and any emotional blocks from your body’s bioenergy system, bringing it back into balance.
Tap Away Beliefs That Keep You Tied To Energy Vampires
No matter what the dilemma is in your life – whether illness, grief, pain, financial distress, excess weight, bad relationships – or if you just want to be more effective in stating and implementing your goals – Tapping really can help.
The reason Tapping works is because you are shifting and then releasing energy patterns that no longer serve you. So, if you have what I call an Energy Vampire (or narcissist) in your life, Tapping can work to help you rid yourself of the beliefs that keep you stuck in your relationship and that can haunt you even after you have released an Energy Vampire from your life.
The beliefs and feelings that keep you in relationships with Energy Vampires include:
- Feeling responsible for other people’s feelings. Most of us know that our feelings are our responsibility; others’ feelings are their responsibility. However, empaths often find themselves taking on the feelings of others.
- Thinking it’s your job to fix someone. You feel you must rescue the other person and help them fit into an image of the way you believe things “should be.”
- Having intense feelings of shame. Typically, people who have narcissistic parents feel shame on a deep level and believe that they must serve their parents or suffer the consequences, including emotional and physical abuse.
- Needing to be perfect. Having a narcissistic or mentally ill sibling or parent can leave you feeling like everything is your fault. It’s common to beat yourself by working too hard, restricting food, or trying to be perfect in other ways and always feeling like you fall short.
- Blaming yourself for your good fortune. Empaths who are involved with narcissists often think that blaming themselves and feeling guilty protects them somehow from the narcissist’s moods and bad behavior.
- Feeling you are not good enough. Many empaths involved with narcissists feel that they are “not good enough” and that they have to earn love.
If you have any of these feelings or emotional patterns, you are a target for Energy Vampires. The good news is that Tapping on whatever you’re feeling helps to release those feelings and free yourself from the emotional patterns that keep you stuck in relationships with Energy Vampires. For example, you can use the phrase “Even though I feel that I am not good enough, I love and respect myself.” Or, “Even though I punish myself by trying to be perfect, I love and respect myself.”
For more powerful & illuminating insights from Dr Christiane Northrup, check out her interview with Jessica Ortner on "Dodging energy vampires: An empath's guide to evading relationships that drain you & restoring your health & power". This interview is through facebook, tap on the link below to listen to the interview or google if this doesn't work for you :)