Here's 10 tips for helping to look after the mind - your mental health:
- Get adequate sleep. Every hour before midnight is the equivalent to two hours after, aim for eight hours per night.
- Smile more: it is scientifically proven to improve your mood. The average adult smiles seven times a day and one is usually fake. Kids smile around 400 times a day. Find your inner child and smile more!
- Eat clean, natural, real food: it has a direct correlation to your mood. Think about it: 90% of your serotonin receptors are in your gut.
- Drink more water. One sign of dehydration is a cranky mood and frontal headache.
- Be around people who love you for who you are but inspire you to be more.
- Be out in nature: let the biophilia magic rub off on you.
- Set goals and make them happen. A sense of fulfilment makes humans feel like they are thriving.
- Make a gratitude list of the things in life you are most grateful for.
- Say "I love you" to yourself.
- Be kind. When you give, you always get back.
Life is too short not to be doing what you love and experiencing the amazing things that the universe has to offer. Look after your mental health to really shine. There's so much waiting for you.
Thanks Lola Berry, author of The Happy Cookbook.